The Art of
Persuading & Influencing People
Getting people to do something they
wouldn’t ordinarely do if you didn’t persuade them
Duration of the course: One day
In general we don’t get what we want by lying
down, screaming hysterically and drumming our heels on the
floor. The Art of Persuasion involves a more subtle process in
which we consciously seek to establish rapport with the persons
we are trying to persuade. Those people who are interested in
other people find easy to build rapport, but these skills can
also be learned. This workshop will teach you to some simple
techniques, which will help you to do so. The art of persuasion,
of influencing the people around you, is a vital skill in the
workplace, without it you will be simply ineffective. Sure you
can get people to do what you want by exercising your authority,
and bend people to your iron will by coercion or manipulation,
but at the cost of trust and long-term co-operation.
Today businesses are run largely by cross-functional teams of
peers and populated by baby boomers that show little tolerance
for unquestioned authority. Work today gets done in an
environment where people don’t just ask ‘what should I do?’, but
‘why should I do it?’ To answer this ‘why’ question effectively
is to persuade. What separate the master persuaders from the
rest it’s that they have an ability to understand what is going
on in the other person head. More and more researches confirm
that both in our working and personal lives it is persuasive
skills that separate those who succeed from those struggling.
- You can learn the art of getting people to do something they
wouldn’t ordinarily do if you were not able to ask in a certain
- You can also learn why often executives/managers fail at
persuasion by continuing make the same mistakes.
- You can easily understand essential steps, principles and
techniques you need to master in order to become a skilful
- You have a great opportunity to know better yourself and
others in just one day.
- You can learn how to make your life easier by applying the
art of persuasion.
- Understand the power of persuasion.
- Learn the 4 essential steps of persuasion.
- Apprehend why listening skill is so crucial in the art of
- Acquire the fundamental principles to influence, even those
- Practice persuasion techniques.
- Understand how you and others represent things in a
Who Should Attend
- Managers at any level
- Sales, marketing and service personnel
- Team Leaders
- Projects co-ordinators
Participants will experience the theory and the practice of what
they will learn with the use of:
- Group Discussion & Sharing
- Personalised Coaching
- Cases Study
- Training Manuals
- Video clips
Return to Top