How to turn a problematic
conversation into an effective dialogue
Duration of the course: One day
The workplace is a complicate place; it is impossible to live a
life without discussions, confrontation and sometimes unwanted
conflicts. For various reasons very often, discussions and
confrontation may turn to be very challenging. The way you
communicate is the primary determinant of whether the person
you are interacting with will listen and think about what you
say, be indifferent to it, or fight against it. A lot of
conflicts in the workplace can be eliminated through the use of
specific language techniques that encourage working together
rather than creating ugly confrontation. Often the people we
label difficult or problematic, including ourselves, just donít
know any better; we may not know how to act differently, or how
to deal with a specific situation that is causing us discomfort.
In this workshop we aim to equip you with enough learning and
practical tools which will help you to prevent or face
challenging discussions with confidence and emotional balance.
Furthermore, after the course, you will also be able to
contribute in a very effective way to healthier and fulfilling
relationships, both at work and at home.
- You will understand what is your responsibility in what is
happening during a challenging discussion, and your healthy
- You will learn a new empowering co-operative language.
- You will master some new strategy in order to handle
- You will learn how to prevent challenging discussion in the
- You will discover why been assertive is not offensive, but
- Understand how you contribute to problematic discussions and
what to do about it.
- Learn about your emotional-ability and what essentially
caused problematic discussions that may escalate to more serious
- Appreciate the 5 key facts about conflicts and see the
difference between healthy and unhealthy outcomes.
- Identify the benefits of resolution.
Learn the core strategies you need in order to deal with
- Understand how to use listening skills in a Conflictuals
- Assimilate the main principles of defusing hostile
conversation and prevent unwanted escalation.
- Recognize the great difference between Instinct-Reacting and
- Learn co-operative & mutual understanding communication.
- Apprehend the essential simple steps involved in
Who Should Attend
- Managers at any level
- Sales, marketing and service personnel
- Employees at any level
- Team Leaders
- Projects co-ordinators
- Anyone who wish to learn about this specific topic
Participants will experience the theory and the practice of what
they will learn with the use of:
- Group Discussion & Sharing
- Personalised Coaching
- Case Study & Role Play
- Training Manuals
Return to Top